Jan 3, 2014

THE TOASTED OF THE TOWN.


Since it is now legal to buy marijuana for recreational use in Colorado, the following scene is, no doubt, being repeated all over the state.

A woman walks into “Bong For Glory,” a legal marijuana dispensary.

Good morning, madam.
         
Good morning, sir. I’d like an ounce of your best “shit,” please.

I just got some “Maui Zowie” in this morning and I think you’ll find it particularly pungent.

He lets her smell it.
         
Mmmm. How many . . . “doobies” to the ounce?
         
Depends how you roll them.
         
I’ve never done that. I don’t suppose you could do that for me?
         
No, but you could use a pipe.
         
Far too masculine.
         
How about a “bong?”
         
Excuse me?
         
A water pipe.
         
Like a hookah?
         
No, madam, like this.

He takes out an object that looks like plumbing on, well, drugs.

It cools the smoke before you breathe it in and avoids the Mammy Yoakem effect of a pipe.

Very civilized. Do I have to wear a Grateful Dead shirt while using it?

No, but it helps.

No, thanks. I’ll take the, uhh, “bong” and the . . .

“Maui Zowie.”

The clerk rings it up.
         
That will be eight hundred and thirty two dollars.
         
Very expensive. I was led to believe it was a nickel a bag.
         
Not literally, madam. Never literally.
         
Very well.

She charges it.

Here is your receipt, your bong and your “stash.” Have a mellow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment